Multi-Family Homes in Kew Gardens
*Click Here to View Multi-Family Listings in Kew Gardens*
Multi-family residential (also known as a multi-dwelling unit or MDU) is a classification of housing where multiple separate housing units for residential inhabitants that are positioned within one building or several buildings within one complex. There are several configurations typically found in multi-dwelling complexes. Units can be next to each other (side-by-side units) or stacked on top of each other (top and bottom units). The most common form is an apartment building or two-family houses that may be attached or semi-attached. Sometimes units in a multifamily residential building are condominiums, where typically the units are owned individually rather than leased from a single apartment building owner.
Just as there are various types of dwellings that comprise multi-family housing, one common way of distinguishing multi-family products is to assess their size and density. At one end of the spectrum are large single-family houses that have been divided into apartments. Many of these apartments were common early in the 20th century. At the opposite end of the spectrum are the very-high-density, high-rise apartment buildings, which may contain hundreds of units and sometimes even other uses, including spaces for offices or stores. The category between these examples are the low-rise multi-family buildings, commonly referred to as garden apartments.
Five of the Best Trends for Newly Constructed Multi-Family Dwellings
- Connected lifestyle (Wi-fi, USB ports, keyless entry, indoor/outdoor electrical outlets, etc.)
- Flexibility in Design (Multipurpose common areas for telecommuting or evening happy hour)
- Durable materials for décor and furnishings for indoor and outdoor common areas
- Optional Boundaries (Flexible walls that can be opened up to a patio, creating outdoor lounges for working, alfresco dining and or meetings or a fitness center.)
- Sustainable Design (Non-toxic paints and finishes.)
If you are looking to buy or sell a multi-family home in Kew Gardens, contact us so we can help achieve your goals.